If you have friends with these qualities, protect those friendships with prayer. If you have friends who have less than desirable qualities, you need to pray about those as well.
1. A desirable friend tells you the truth in love. “Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.” Pro. 27:6
2. A desirable friend gives you sound advice. “Ointment and perfume delight the heart, and sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel.” Pro. 27:9
3. A desirable friend refines you. “As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.” Pro. 27:17
4. A desirable friend helps you grow in wisdom. “He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed.” Pro. 13:20
5. A desirable friend stays close to you. “A man who has a friend must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” Pro. 18:24
6. A desirable friend loves you and stands by you. “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” Pro. 17:17
7. A desirable friend is a help in time of trouble. “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him.” Ecc. 4:9-10
May you all have a wonderful Shabbat!!